If you enjoy meeting people who appreciate:
- The opportunity to volunteer and share their collective talents and passion for Artist Series Concerts of Sarasota
- Classical and popular music
- Supporting promising young Florida musicians
- Tasty treats, exciting entertainment and good FRIENDships at FRIENDS meetings
- Enhancing Sarasota’s well-earned reputation as one of the nation’s arts centers
Then Artist Series Concerts FRIENDS is for you!
“We put the FUN in fundraising”
Come join us. The more, the merrier!
MISSION – PURPOSE – VISION
The purpose of FRIENDS is to provide essential support to the activities and projects of Artist Series Concerts of Sarasota while offering FRIENDS members a nurturing, rewarding and positive volunteer experience.
FRIENDS is a dynamic, innovative volunteer experience to support the musical arts through fun and fundraising for Artists Series Concerts of Sarasota’s scholarships, outreach programs and community arts collaborations.
FRIENDS puts the “FUN” in fundraising for Artist Series Concerts of Sarasota!
Who we are:
- Volunteers united by our love of music
What we do:
- Welcome and engage Members to assist Artist Series Concerts in a variety of creative and pleasurable volunteer activities
- Share our collective talents and passion for the Artist Series Concerts of Sarasota
- Recognize and value our members’ time, talents and endeavors
- Gather five times a year to enjoy FRIENDSHIPS, food and wonderful musical entertainment at our meetings
- Conduct FUNdraiser events to support the Artist Series Concerts Scholarship and Outreach programs
Why we do it:
- We enjoy being part of an organization whose members appreciate exceptional musical performances and the company of like-minded individuals
- To contribute to the overall benefit of our arts community
Since inception, Artist Series Concerts of Sarasota [ASCOS] has relied on volunteers to assist in its concerts and activities. Until 2006, Betsy Hinrichs arranged and managed volunteers, drawn largely from our loyal audience and donor base. The first FRIENDS meeting was held in her home on Jan 4, 2006, with 37 people in attendance. With growth comes change, and in September 2006, this group of volunteers created functional committees with committee chairs. Plans were laid to introduce a more formalized structure to the growing number of volunteers, and regular meetings of volunteers were begun. In March 2008, Artist Series Concerts FRIENDS [FRIENDS] achieved formal structure as a DBA of ASCOS and established its own Board and officers.
In addition to the many support services volunteers provide to Artist Series Concerts of Sarasota, FRIENDS comes together to support their major fundraising event of the year – The GALA! Historically the proceeds from this event have supported the ASCOS Annual Student Scholarship Competition; with increased success the funds now include support for ASCOS Community Outreach and Artist Series programming. Since beginning its fund raising in 2009, as of June 2014, FRIENDS has raised over $212,000 to support Artist Series Concerts of Sarasota!